In many ways, 2014 was like the second book of a trilogy. The year had its own narrative arc, but its primary purpose was to move the story forward to the point where Important Stuff Happens.
Nevertheless, here’s a few highlights of 2014.
- Walked over 2000 miles, approximately the length of the Appalachian Trail (minus the mountains and black bears…)
- Started hiking the network of trails in southern New England. Climbed Mt. Monadnock in New Hampshire, walked part of the North South Trail in Rhode Island and part of the Appalachian Trail in Massachusetts.
- Daily exercise has, for the first time, become a firmly entrenched habit.
- Nonfiction: Read stacks of books focusing on the the science of habit formation, wrote a considerable amount of web content.
- Fiction: Published 2 short stories, 3 poems, and the foreword to a poetry anthology.